Friday, August 21, 2009

Growing up

Gee, I hope I get to hit this thing more than once a week. Maybe when I get a new phone ... and maybe then I'll get to visit other blogs as well!

I've really noticed lately how the kids are growing up. Sweet Pea has now turned double digits (her party is coming up). Her mom came out of the bathroom the other day with a "I'm not ready for this" look on her face - the two of them had agreed that it was time for Sweet Pea to start shaving her legs. Just one more step to leaving.

Heck, even Lil Bit's getting more and more independent (and stubborn).

Mom got pushed over the edge though by Little Man the other night. He wanted her to come in and read to him, and he had picked the book Guess How Much I Love You for her to read. Needless to say, Mom's reading ability got worse and worse as the book went along. Near the end, she was so choked up she couldn't continue, so Little Man took the book from her and read - without an ounce of understanding of the irony - the words to her that said he would hold her one day when she could no longer hold him.

Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. The growing up thing is hitting y'all in 3s...it is bittersweet, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, they will be off to Mississippi State before you know it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm raising them to go to a GOOD college! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just go and make me cry on a Monday morning why dontcha!?!?

    ReplyDelete