Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Onward and Upward

Monday night snuck up on us; it was tryout night for Upward. We've never done Upward before, but we felt Little Man needed to try something other than baseball (he's doing basketball) and Sweet Pea, for the first time in her life, showed interest in doing something (she's doing cheerleading).

Mom called in a panic and told me what was up, so I hurried up there to join in (fortunately, all of this happens at their after-school care location). When I got there, Little Man was bouncing off the walls; he was incredibly excited. He couldn't stop grinning throughout the process. What got me though was Sweet Pea. She has spent her life being totally uninvolved (and in fact tried to back out right before tryouts - her mom nixed that), so this is her first time to do anything like this. I looked over while she was trying on uniforms; her eyes were dancing. That alone made this process worth it to me.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful experience for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upward is such a great program! my lil bro played Upward Basketball - probably when he was around Little Man's age. glad Sweet Pea is getting into it too

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! I hope she enjoys herself and is motivated to try some other new things. Sounds like Little Man is in for some fun basketball too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upward is an amazing organization. My boys loved Upward Basketball. I have never seen the Upward Cheerleaders, but I bet they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is awesome! so glad for them.

    btw, we need to do lunch next week. i have missed you and the wife...AND your blog!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun!! Now, what can Lil Bit participate in? Y'all just aren't busy enough.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH! I finally found your blog :) haha I lost you there for a while. I just read over every post :) I missed them!! Glad things are continuing on at home, with the new job and all... Yall have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete