Tuesday, September 8, 2009

They ain't heavy ...

I've really been impressed with Little Man lately. He seems to be showing a new level of responsibility and concerns for others' feelings, and that especially reaches to his sisters. Of course, his big sister continues to blow him off completely, but he's still doing what he can (and there are times when I can tell she notices).

It's really taken off with Lil Bit. She loves having the attention of her big brother and he likes having someone appreciate his efforts, so they really feed off each other (sometimes to their parents' breaking point). He'll sit with her and play or watch TV (her shows) and try to include her in what he does, when he can. Is he perfect? Nope. Case in point; his mom told him to keep an eye on his sister while she did something - next thing you know he's wandered off and she's climbing the ladder to the attic. Still, for someone his age, he takes care of her remarkably well. And there's no doubt that she loves it.

6 comments:

  1. Climbing the stairs to the attic? Makes me glad I don't have an attic! And I didn't realize brothers could be like that. Mine liked to throw shoes at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I think it's wonderful that they have their own mutual admiration society!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. Hope it lasts through the teenage years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so wonderful. i watch my two together and sometimes it gives me chills how much their eyes sparkle when they see each other for the first time in the morning or afternoon. it is precious!!!

    southern miss to the top!!! i'm glad y'all had a fun saturday! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete